Both options please
People know the most important thing about your identity—that whoever you are, you’re like them. A human being. Hitler said he’s made “the Superman,” Stalin was called “The Man of Steel,” but no, one look at you, no, never, you blow that out of the water, because people know who the real Superman is. It’s this decent guy with the silly smile, who’s sometimes a little old fashioned, who lives a whole human life. Who fell in love and got married. Clark, coming from Krypton didn’t make you Superman—Martha and Jonathan did. And thanks to your doubts and your fears, and your absolute refusal to be above anyone, you do them proud every day. — Lois Lane, AC #904
I’ve seen a lot of posts on my dash tonight about users who are threatening suicide, with other Tumblr members posting in effort to try to get ahold of them. I think you all should see this:
IF THERE IS EVER A TUMBLR USER WHO HAS POSTED A GOOD-BYE MESSAGE, SUICIDE NOTE, VIDEO, OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS POST.
1. Scroll to the top of your dashboard.
2. See the circular question mark icon at the top? It’s the third one over from your home symbol. Click on that, and a screen similar to the one in the picture will come up.
3. Where you can type in questions, the box with the magnifying glass at the top, type in the word “suicide.”
4. Click on the first link that shows up. It should say, “Pass the URL of the blog on to us.”
5. Type in the user’s URL and tell Tumblr admin that the user is contemplating suicide and has posted a message indicating that they are going through with it or will be attempting. Hit send! Tumblr administration will perform a number of actions to contact the user and take the necessary steps to prevent the suicide.
TUMBLR: THIS COULD SAVE A USER’S LIFE. PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE SUICIDE THREATS.
Reblog this to keep other users aware. Suicide isn’t a joke, and neither is someone’s life. If you didn’t know this, someone else may not, either. Pass it on.